AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get some opinions. I've narrowed the search down to these 2 units and wanted to get some thoughts from everyone. I canceled the SP-7210 order from Woot. The HC-720 has a really great deal right now but I've never owned a LCD projector before.

The Mitsu also has a good deal and some good reviews. My theater should be able to accommodate both. I need something before the Superbowl on Sunday. Any comments are welcome/appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with either. The Epson will give you easier set up and Epson has a great warranty where they ship you out a projector next day. The Mits has the lower price even considering the free bulb with the Epson though.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I can't comment on the quality of either, but this was basically my decision as well, and I am currently waiting for my HC1500 to be delivered.

I am also leery about going LCD after having two previous projectors that have been DLP, and being very comfortable with the technology.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzer /forum/post/12967321

I just wanted to get some opinions. I've narrowed the search down to these 2 units and wanted to get some thoughts from everyone. I canceled the SP-7210 order from Woot. The HC-720 has a really great deal right now but I've never owned a LCD projector before.

The Mitsu also has a good deal and some good reviews. My theater should be able to accommodate both. I need something before the Superbowl on Sunday. Any comments are welcome/appreciated.

Thanks

Neither will be as good as the SP-7210. I think it boils down to LCD vs. DLP.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I own a HC1500 and watch NFL games on it all the time in a room that has plenty of ambient light, live in southern cali and even on sunny days I just switch to normal lamp instead of low and don't have a problem getting a nice image.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just had my SP-7210 reordered with Woot. I canceled it as they were taking a long time to ship the original order. They're shipping it to me 2-day fedex on their dime which will keep me coming back as a customer.

Now that everything is settled, I can't wait to get it. I know it's much better than the 2 I was looking at after the cancelation. Too good of a deal to pass up.

I'm upgrading from a SP-4805 so I already have the M1/HDMI cable.

Thanks for all your responses, your time is much appreciated.....

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beestea /forum/post/12980657

What makes you guys say the SP-7210 is so much better than the Epson HC--720 or Mitsu HC-1500?

From what I have learned pretty much everything except, bulb cost, brightness, fan noise and the throw is a little longer then the Hc1500. But it has the better dlp chip in it, Dark Chip 3.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I guess that doesn't apply to the Epson HC--720 since it is LCD, 1600 lumens, 10000:1 contrast. The SP-7210 does sound like an awesome deal though once you get the correct adapters, etc.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by beestea /forum/post/12980657

What makes you guys say the SP-7210 is so much better than the Epson HC--720 or Mitsu HC-1500?

The 7210 was relesed as high-end reference projector. It has an all glass Carl Zeiss lens which alone is worth the price. Even though it's 2 years old, it still has Darkchip3 technology. Also, don't always take the specs listed on an item for granted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts