AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any macroblocking issues with this setup, via HDMI?

I've searched threads 'till my eyes are bleeding, and I see so many (often conflicting) opinions that my mind starts freezing. Couldn't find a poster that had this setup and said that macroblocking wasn't an issue.

Other 1080p DVD player recommendations? Also looked at the Denon 1930 CI. More expensive, though.

My concern with the Oppo is availability... the website says backordered until the 26th, but I've come to take things like that with a grain of salt; could be months, who knows... I'd like to get the system finished sooner than later. Has Oppo been true to it's word with their customers as far as delivery dates in the past?

Would be great to use component as opposed to HDMI, but I realize that the number of players that can do that is slim, and the Helios 4000 has gotten some scary AVS forum posts. Any other contenders that I may have missed?

Thanks!

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Reid /forum/post/0

Any macroblocking issues with this setup, via HDMI?

I've searched threads 'till my eyes are bleeding, and I see so many (often conflicting) opinions that my mind starts freezing. Couldn't find a poster that had this setup and said that macroblocking wasn't an issue.

Hey, I say it all the time on both the 37w3 and 981 threads: no macroblocking problem via HDMI.

MB is rare on LCDs. I actually do see instances once every blue moon, most recently for a couple of seconds in LADY IN THE WATER in a stairwell scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Reid /forum/post/0

My concern with the Oppo is availability... the website says backordered until the 26th, but I've come to take things like that with a grain of salt; could be months, who knows... I'd like to get the system finished sooner than later. Has Oppo been true to it's word with their customers as far as delivery dates in the past?

I've never had a backordered item from Oppo directly. I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Every vendor should be so pleasant to deal with.

-Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.