AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's the deal:

I am fully aware of the fact that choosing your own components is the way to go if you want optimum options/quality, but I have a very modest setup and a small room, so I believe a decent HTIB is the way for me.

Currently, I have a Sony 40Z4100, Xbox 360, Sony Blu Ray S350, Wii, an APC H15, and a Sony STR-K700 HTIB. The HTIB that I have now is nice, but it was cheap and isn't the quality I'm looking for.

My Xbox is hooked up to my TV via HDMI and to the receiver via toslink. BR player is HDMI and digital coaxial, Wii is component and analog audio cables. The only thing that I may end up adding down the line is an HD cable box, which I would use HDMI and toslink. THe Yamaha 590BL has two toslink and one digital coaxial, so that'd be all I need.

So it comes down to the fact if it's a decent system or not? I do not want 7.1 as my room does not allow for it. But I am also open to other suggestions in a similar [or lower] price range.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recently got the Yamaha 690BL for $499 it comes with a nice upconverting DVD player that I put in the bedroom since I have a BD already and did not need it in this setup. The AVR has 2 HDMI in and 1 out and it proccesses everything very nice. It is does HDMI switching instead of passthru. It is 5.1 and the speakers sound very good.

I have it setup like this:

Verizon FIOS HD DVR => HDMI to AVR

Panasonic BD35 => HDMI to AVR

Kenwood 5 disc CD changer => to AVR

AVR => HDMI to Samsung LN52A650

Wii => Composite to Samsung LN52A650

Now I need to get a new VCR that is component instead of composite.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts