AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been a netflix subscriber (basic - 3 dvds) since feb 2002 and have noticed a significant decline in netflix service in the past month. in the first three months i was averaging 3 dvd rentals per week; it took 2 days for netflix to receive a returned dvd and 2-3 days to receive the next dvd on my list. now, it takes 6-7 days before i receive the next dvd on my list for a turnaround time of 8-9 business days. this averages out to less than 2 dvds per week, assuming diligence on my part. netflix acknowledges a returned dvd and my queue status will indicate that the next dvd is scheduled to ship. it then takes two days for netflix to actually ship the next dvd. after which i get it in the mail four days later. i mailed a dvd on wed may 22 and have not received the next dvd yet (sat jun 1). anyone else experiencing the slow turnaround times with netflix? cheers.

:(

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got one of those join one month for free deals from netflix and figured why not. Well not only did it take an average of 8 days to get the dvds but also 4 out of the 9 dvds ordered came either broken or scratched beyond repair. Given my bad experience with them I canceled my membership after the free trial. The cancellation was the MOST horrible I have ever experienced. At the time I could only cancel online and they made me fill out a survey that was a whopping 12 pages long! Every field on the thing was a required field and had to be filled out. They even had the nerve to put stupid answers in some of the multiple choice fields. If you picked one of those stupid answers it would prevent you from submitting the cancellation request. After I had canceled they continued for MONTHS to send me unsolicited emails and snail mail about their crappy company. The whole thing sounded like a cool concept but it totally failed in my book.

-MarcW

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this week i received a total of one dvd, two last week, and two the week before. i am in oregon and netflix has a washington dist center. not that far away. two days by mail tops. at least that is how long it takes for a dvd to be returned to them. i used to send in on monday and get a new one on friday. now i send in on monday and get a new one on thursday.... the following week. sheesh.:(

·
Registered
523 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcW
The cancellation was the MOST horrible I have ever experienced. At the time I could only cancel online and they made me fill out a survey that was a whopping 12 pages long! ... After I had canceled they continued for MONTHS to send me unsolicited emails and snail mail about their crappy company.
That's TERRIBLE! I'd have filed a complaint with the better business bureau, or consumer groups, or something.

Glad I never tried it. My local (independent, not Blockbuster) video rental shop is good enough for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is my most recent exchange with netflix. i mailed a dvd to netflix the morning of may 22 (wed) and still have not received the next dvd. netflix received the dvd on may 24 (fri), the next dvd was listed as scheduled for shipping for two days, and was supposedly mailed out this past week. it is now sun jun 1 and no dvd. i have been experiencing these same delays with netflix for the past 3 weeks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am about an hour away from the distribution center in San Jose and it takes 1 day to arrive and 1 day to receive. Netflix Rocks! Netflix has always shipped out my next dvd's the same day they receive them from me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Now that they have opened a distribution center in New york I send in a dvd one day get a new one in 2 days. Netflix is great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i received three dvds from netflix today. the turnaround time on the most recent returned dvd was only 6 days which is very reasonable. i still believe that netflix is a very good value. hopefully the next several exchanges will be as quick or quicker. cheers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i always heard that part of the postage goes for storage. not sure why there were delays in some of the exchanges but i am still satisfied with netflix. i was not ranting or wanting to give netflix bad press. btw, just saw "life is beautiful." highly recommended. cheers.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.