AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have CyberDVD player on my HTPC now. However, my intent is to go with: MCE05::MyMovies::preMovieManager::

I heard the CyberDVD doesn't have good command line options. So, maybe going with ZoomPlayer is an option for me.

Do you recommend using CyberDVD decoder? Or Buy nVidia DVD Decoder? pcAlchemy is selling the nVidia one for $10 more if I buy the OS.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone out there must have used it...

Please respond...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The most common w/ the best PQ are:

Nvidia decoders--$49.95 (recommended for your Nvidia card to use "Pure Video")

Elecard Decoders--$19.95--last I checked..

Dscaler 5.6 Decoder--$0.00 (that's right, FREE!. But no deinterlacer so you will need ffdshow for deinterlacing)

I use Zoom Player 4.50. Can't comment on Theater Tek Player.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
For your 6600 GT, I recommend the Nvidia decoder. As for the player, the nStantMedia player that comes with the decoder works really well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I use the nStant player in conjunction with the preMovieManager? Bascially the pMM uses command line options to start the player (like starting trailer, demo, DVD in that order).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, there are 3 flavors of the player -> Bronze, Silver, Gold or something like that... Any recommendations on if Bronze is good enough?

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5a5l3m
Also, there are 3 flavors of the player -> Bronze, Silver, Gold or something like that... Any recommendations on if Bronze is good enough?
It depends on how much you value the differences in audio decoders. They all support PureVideo, but the $20 Bronze package only has a 2 channel audio decoder and the $30 gold package loses DTS.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83
It depends on how much you value the differences in audio decoders. They all support PureVideo, but the $20 Bronze package only has a 2 channel audio decoder and the $30 gold package loses DTS.
But if the decoding is done by my audio-receiver then I don't have to worry about that right?

Also, how does it work if I dont have a audio-receiver (like if I'm using a XBox extender) that does DD decoding, and the media I'm playing has only DD?

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5a5l3m
But if the decoding is done by my audio-receiver then I don't have to worry about that right?

Also, how does it work if I dont have a audio-receiver (like if I'm using a XBox extender) that does DD decoding, and the media I'm playing has only DD?
I don't know if I'm a victim of rhetoric, but it seems that only the platinum version of the audio codec passes DD and DTS through S/PDIF, and the bronze only passes 2 channel audio via S/PDIF. If using a player like Zoom Player, you can use a different audio codec anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.