AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the effort spent trying to decouple the front stage from the walls, and the installation of RSIC-1 clips to suspend the ceiling, the idea of building a screen wall that solidly joins both the stage and ceiling seems counter-productive.

Are any special steps needed to isolate the screen wall from the other surfaces?

Thanks

--curtis

· Registered
202 Posts
I also have a RSIC ceiling and the upcoming stage will not contact the walls. I plan to tie the screenwall/proceniums to the stage and ceiling (hitting the hat channel once or twice). I don't see the problem by not decoupling it from the ceiling, as the ceiling is decoupled from the outer structure.

Since the main goal is to keep the energy in the room, the RSIC clips do that above the ceiling layer (to a certain extent). Also, just a thought, since the surface area of the screenwall is pretty small, tieing the screenwall to the ceiling may actually improve the reduction of energy going through the clips as some of the ceiling resonance will be absorbed by the screenwall itself.

(This is all just speculation on my part as I'm not an expert by any means. I'm just trying to use common sense methodologies in my own room while standing on the shoulders of giants when I can.)

· Registered
3,639 Posts
What about using carpet spikes under the screen wall?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.