AVS Forum banner

2341 - 2360 of 2417 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you turn it up louder it will all get more loud in the sense of increasing decibels. But since our hearing is not linear across the frequency spectrum, the low end will seem to increase less than the high end to your ears, up to a point.
Yea I tested both profiles.. didn’t notice much of a difference really. Maybe was up to turn volume up one notch but that’s it. I ended up testing more with the boosted 23-60hz range but my 720 had the level at +2. I dropped that to 0 and turned the volume up one notch. Loudness seems good overall, I would still like centre channel louder as far as vocals go, also I like the dynamics more with correction turned down from 5k. I have most at 3.5k. Also not sure if it’s me or the 2 movies I watched in atmos but seems the front stage is so loud it’s almost harder to hear surrounds, rears and heights. Would need to watch a few more movies. Also I tested with the 2 newest terminator movies. Tons of lfe especially in genisys on the bridge scene. When the bus flips there’s a higher bass note and sends my inuke into a clip for a second. Other then that I was pretty much maxing my inukes out without clipping

·
Registered
588 Posts
Also not sure if it’s me or the 2 movies I watched in atmos but seems the front stage is so loud it’s almost harder to hear surrounds, rears and heights.
I turn my front stage down 2-3db for that reason.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've turned my correction down for all channels to about 200-250hz and seems to be better. Need to do more testing but i think sounds better then it did before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am new to the forum. but used to browse. recently I am having AVM 60
SPEAKERS. M&K 150 S 7.1.4 ATMOS SET UP.
CARY AUDIO 7.250 POWER+ ADCOM 7 channel power for Atmos
I have already used AUDESEE I MARANTZ. ACCU EQ. IN INTEGRA DRC R1
BUT ARC DONE MAGIC IN MY HOME THEATRE after tweeting as per UR advice
In tasing bass boost &tilt raise. THANKS. FOR ADVICE

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
No issues here on an older MBP running 10.13.6. I might be thinking of something else, but is this not a situation in which you need to go to system preferences - security - and click install anyway - or something like that? Anyway, doesn't sound like you need it at this point, but I've got the 1.0 zip file if you want it....
I am using ARC GENESIS IN MacBook Pro CATALINA IT ISworking fine

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
my set up is THX certified M&K 150 speaker system. changing HIGH CROSSOVER set by ARC GENESIS TO 80 HZ affect sound quality. ?
If ARC set the crossover ABOVE 80 for a particular speaker, that is because the in room measured response is better at that higher crossover setting. Without extensive testing with a USB mic and REW and test tones, I would definitely accept the higher crossover that ARC recommends.

If ARC set the crossover BELOW 80, I would raise it up to 80 (and possible even higher, even up to 120) if that sounds smoother when playing bass sweep test tones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank u for clarification. .
IF DOLBY VOLUME IS ENABLED. there is no signals from ATMOS speakers in ATMOS MOVIES why so ?
on disabling dolby volume sounds become harsh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have ARC GENESI on 16 oct 2020 in 3 PROFILES
MY GEARS are
ANTHEM AVM 60
M&K 150 SERIES 7 4 ohms
EARTH QUAKE ceiling 4 ohms 4
ATC C4 SUB on FLAT MODE. sealed
M&K 300 SUB. sealed
CARY AUDIO 7.250 AMP
ADCOM 7607 AMP
OVER HEAD PROJECTOR OPTOMA UHZ 65
I have attached pdf file kindly advise regarding any FURTHER TWEEKING ARC GENESIS
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Attachments

·
Read the FAQ!
35,508 Posts
Thank u for clarification. .
IF DOLBY VOLUME IS ENABLED. there is no signals from ATMOS speakers in ATMOS MOVIES why so ?
on disabling dolby volume sounds become harsh.
Dolby never got around to supporting Dolby Volume along with Dolby Atmos. You get one or the other. Not both.

If you don't like the sound with Dolby Volume turned off, and while playing high quality content (e.g., from a well mixed disc, not TV channels or streaming) then there is something wrong with your audio setup. Dolby Volume has its purposes I suppose, but making high quality content sound right ain't one of them.
--Bob

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
I suppose maybe Anthem haven't localized their software for your country's version of the Windows operating system? It may be worth opening a ticket with their support team. They have been really helpful answering questions for me in the past. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be working for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No issues here on an older MBP running 10.13.6. I might be thinking of something else, but is this not a situation in which you need to go to system preferences - security - and click install anyway - or something like that? Anyway, doesn't sound like you need it at this point, but I've got the 1.0 zip file if you want it....
IN MBP(2019) ARC v 123 installed. but automatic version only available .CAN NOT ADJUST CURVES . previously in MBP (2012) all modes worked. any issue with SOLID STATE STORAGE IN NEW MAC?

2341 - 2360 of 2417 Posts