AVS Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 3513 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have some rear and side speakers with crossovers of 120 and 150 so should I bump this setting up to 150?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have some rear and side speakers with crossovers of 120 and 150 so should I bump this setting up to 150?
No, it's most important that the phase be aligned with your L/C/R. What crossovers do you use for those?

·
Registered
19 Posts
100 for L+R and 110 for the C

·
Registered
514 Posts
OK I'm definitely disappointed with the latest Arc version. Would someone be kind enough to provide me with the 9006 version ? Thank you !!!
I can, if you have a public drop box or something similar.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Reactions: BRAC and Orange_GT3

·
Registered
514 Posts
^^^

There you go, even easier.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You're welcome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can someone tell me which HDMI input on the back of the AVM 70 they are plugged into for running the HDMI cable to a laptop to run REW and the miniDSP ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can someone tell me which HDMI input on the back of the AVM 70 they are plugged into for running the HDMI cable to a laptop to run REW and the miniDSP ?
you can only run minidsp between laptop then you must have the software for mindsp so all programming and measurement takes place in the laptop between rew and minidsp's software. Avm 70 has nothing to do with minidsp's software but you must have a cable between laptop and avm but not Hdmi but a 3.5 to rca and there I usually connect it to aux. So you can get a measurement signal out from rew.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I connect HDMI cable from the laptop to any HDMI input on my MRX to play new sweeps. All you need to do is to switch to that input and let the handshake complete it's thing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I use the front HDMI port on my MRX720 to connect my laptop. I've also configured a profile using this input for REW where I've preset cross-overs, distance, etc.

Reactions: VooBass

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
@franakintheone Here's my drop box with all Genesis programs, including 9006

Thank you for sharing! Very smart compiling those older versions for safe keeping. Crazy to think we’ve gone from some great versions of ARC to the current Genesis software.

Any idea if 9006 will work with the new MRX and AVM lines?

Reactions: madrac

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
@BRAC I don't think the older versions work with the new hardware. Guess you could install one and give it a try.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I still think 8867 is the best!
Thanks for your thoughts. I've noted 9006 as very good based on other user inputs on this forum. Perhaps one day I'll do a back to back comparison

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello All,

I am relatively new to this forum and have been reading up as much I can regd ARC calibration....Attached is the calibration PDF and I am looking for some inputs that could make it any better. The profile named "base" is what the ARC created and the rest are some tweaks I am trying to play with. Overall I am pleased I would say, except for the dialogues from center channel - without room correction there seem to be better vocals from center channel as compared to after calibration where it gets "little dull" and I also see the overall volume level being getting low with ARC on but I get more head room. Even though I increase the volume to match it the center channel is still not as rounded compared to when ARC is turned off.

Is that normal or is there something that can be done based on the curve that I had attached? Appreciate any inputs..

Thanks
Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi
Running ARC GEN via AVM 60

Im trying to run 10hz to 500h sweeps for both my subs with REW

Problem is, its rolling off at 80hz

I tried disabling ARC
As well as by passing LPF
As well as turning off my crossovers on the profile im using
If i do that then the subs wont work at all

So any ideas as to why its rolling off at 80hz so dramatically ?
If its ARC forcing the roll off , then how can i disable the 80hz roll off to get an accurate sweep upto 500hz?

3321 - 3340 of 3513 Posts