AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2156 Posts

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Is there a way to manually manipulate the frequency response of a single channel?
By single channel I'm assuming you means a single speaker. The frequency response of the speakers are only adjusted as pairs like front L/R, Surrounds L/R etc... The only single speaker you could adjust for response is the center.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
By single channel I'm assuming you means a single speaker. The frequency response of the speakers are only adjusted as pairs like front L/R, Surrounds L/R etc... The only single speaker you could adjust for response is the center.
Thanks for the clarification. Other than bass management, is the a way to re-equalize a set of speakers? I ask because my ceiling speakers have a 1k bump that I'd like to rectify.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Other than bass management, is the a way to re-equalize a set of speakers? I ask because my ceiling speakers have a 1k bump that I'd like to rectify.
What do you have the Genesis max EQ set to for your speakers? I'm just wondering if you have the max EQ set to the default of 5k and you still have a bump at 1k?

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
I left it at 5k
OK so it have it at 5k and Genesis wasn't able to correct the hump at 1K so was it a really big hump and Genesis cold bring it down any further? The only high frequency manual EQing I'm aware of is the tilt and tilt frequency, but those are system wide and for a given profile will effect all the speakers not just the speakers you want to fix. You could try setting the max EQ on just the ceiling speakers to 10 or 15K and see if that causes the lower 1k to improve. Sometimes taming a higher Frequency can move a lower one.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Adding link to my name

I think it's more about awareness than interest. Maybe add a link to your signature so people see it.

Also, you might add links in Post 1 to ARC Genesis official DL and Beta DL as well as instruction/information DL from Anthem on how to use Genesis.
I can't seem to figure out how to add a link to my signature. I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
I can't seem to figure out how to add a link to my signature. I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks
Go up to the "Tools" drop-down menu and click on "User CP". Then on the left-hand side, click on "Edit Signature". There you can type in your signature. Use the little icon that looks like a globe with a chain link to insert your URL.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Sorry to be so dense

Go up to the "Tools" drop-down menu and click on "User CP". Then on the left-hand side, click on "Edit Signature". There you can type in your signature. Use the little icon that looks like a globe with a chain link to insert your URL.
Thank you for your quick response. I had explored this and couldn't seem to figure out what my URL would be. Would it be asking too much of your patience to tell me what the URL would be?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thank you for your quick response. I had explored this and couldn't seem to figure out what my URL would be. Would it be asking too much of your patience to tell me what the URL would be?

Thanks in advance.
Sure, no problem. Easiest way to get the URL is to just go to the thread and copy the URL from the address bar at the top of your browser.

Copy the code below and paste it into your signature, except after you paste it, replace the curly brackets that are at the beginning and end, { and }, with a regular bracket, [ and ]. I used the curly ones so you could see the HTML code. Otherwise it would just show you the hyperlink and not the code behind it.

{URL="https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3068892-dedicated-arc-genesis-thread.html"]Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread[/URL}

If you have it correct, it should look like this in your signature whenever you post:

Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Can I follow instructions

Sure, no problem. Easiest way to get the URL is to just go to the thread and copy the URL from the address bar at the top of your browser.

Copy the code below and paste it into your signature, except after you paste it, replace the curly brackets that are at the beginning and end, { and }, with a regular bracket, [ and ]. I used the curly ones so you could see the HTML code. Otherwise it would just show you the hyperlink and not the code behind it.

{URL="https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3068892-dedicated-arc-genesis-thread.html"]Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread[/URL}

If you have it correct, it should look like this in your signature whenever you post:

Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
I am posting this to see if I followed your instructions correctly.
Again, thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey it works, good job! :grin:

·
Registered
275 Posts
My home theater with Anthem 1120 is now installed. My dealer installer did not want to use Genesis because he said Anthem told him it is not stable. Is this true? Any issues with Genesis?

·
Registered
379 Posts
My home theater with Anthem 1120 is now installed. My dealer installer did not want to use Genesis because he said Anthem told him it is not stable. Is this true? Any issues with Genesis?
To date, complaints have been mostly with the new beta version. The ARC Genesis v1018867 seems to be stable.

Reactions: bokap

·
Registered
858 Posts
The Deep Bass Boost and the Deep Bass Boost Center Frequency work together and can be used to create a house curve. If you set the deep bass boost to say 6dB and the deep bass boost center frequency to say 50Hz you'll see a house curve starting at 50Hz that slowly increases to a max of 6dB down to 15Hz. A house curve is very helpful because as bass frequencies get lower we hear them less so increasing the bass at lower frequencies give a nice punch to movies.
That would make sense if the movie wasn't purposefully mastered how it is. If you are adding bass boost, you are altering the way it's supposed to sound, not fixing anything.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
That would make sense if the movie wasn't purposefully mastered how it is. If you are adding bass boost, you are altering the way it's supposed to sound, not fixing anything.
I'm not trying to fix anything. I want to increase bass as the frequencies get lower so yes I'm altering the sound and I'm fine with that. We all use room correction like ARC Genesis, Audessy, MCACC Dirac etc... to EQ the sound the way we like it so whats wrong with EQing the bass the way we like it with a house curve.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Glad to help and glad you got it to work. I hope this thread catches on. Tired of bouncing back and forth between the AVM 60 thread and the 60/720/1120 thread to get caught up on all things Genesis...

41 - 60 of 2156 Posts