AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Paradigm Atoms that I am trading in on a pair of Monitor 9s. I have no center channel and am curious if if should keep the Atoms and use one or both as a center or keep the trade is as is and purchase a dedicated center. Keeping the Atoms would probaly save me about a hundred or so. What's the consensus ?

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
181 Posts

I have two Paradigm Atoms that I am trading in on a pair of Monitor 9s. I have no center channel and am curious if if should keep the Atoms and use one or both as a center or keep the trade is as is and purchase a dedicated center. Keeping the Atoms would probaly save me about a hundred or so. What's the consensus ?

Thanks

Bill[/QUOT

Hey Bill...How old are your Atoms??? I'd trade in the Atoms Buy the Monitor 9's, Then Look for a Used Center Channel, Paradigm Sugg. the CC-290 or CC-390

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I have had the Atoms for 3 weeks. My reciever allows for 2 speakers for the center channel, so I would be money ahead by keeping them and using one or two for the center. I think I will stay the course, trade in these two for th 9's. Then I'll investgate the need for a center. Phantom mode may be fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts