AVS Forum banner

501 - 520 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
On the flip side...

Thank you to all the contributors for this. I followed the first few posts and got PGen up and running within an hour, tested with a simulated meter in HCFR. I broke the rules and used an old RPi 1 model B that was sitting around. It seems to work fine, are there any known issues?

The only thing I’ve found so far is sometimes PGen stops displaying patterns from HCFR and I have to reboot, but I credit this to me testing it over wifi (it was more convenient).
Hi

Raspberry Pi Model 3 and older all work fine, it is just Model 4 that is not compatible due to the newer models having a different architecture.

The HCFR randomly disconnecting issue seems to be specific to HCFR and some users setup/configuration only. If the issue continues, please contact Ted directly via his website as the developer can possibly provide a version of PGenerator with full debugging which may help find the cause.

Ted posted about this a few days ago, see the link below.

Reactions: tsanga

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
Hello, I downloaded the disk from ted followed the procedure to put it on my RPI but when I connect I do not see the disk in the cloud, definitely everything is complicated for me
I don't know what you have done, but you have nothing in your Cloud memory now.

This is your own screenshot, what happened to all this you had there yesterday?

Looking at your new images, it looks like you have created a new device, when there was no need to do that.

You just follow the instructions that Ted provides in his email which means flashing the new ISO file to your SD Card and manually add the files provided to Device Control, you then refresh the Cloud Memory, and copy the Template to your Local Storage. It is not complicated, it is very simple.

·
Registered
32 Posts
After that procedure, run the DeviceControl Interface, go to your PGenerator device, click on Edit Device and scan for the IP of your PGenerator (pause icon).

If required, edit your device and enter the new IP.

Then connect to the PGenerator from DeviceControl.

I do not understand this? yesterday I had put an ip address 0 because I am connected directly on my pc so why I must look for my put another address?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
After that procedure, run the DeviceControl Interface, go to your PGenerator device, click on Edit Device and scan for the IP of your PGenerator (pause icon).

If required, edit your device and enter the new IP.

Then connect to the PGenerator from DeviceControl.

I do not understand this? yesterday I had put an ip address 0 because I am connected directly on my pc so why I must look for my put another address?
Please contact Ted directly for support of his Disk ISO.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
I managed to find the disk, but now when I click on connect error something crazy
It is because, as I said before, you have either added/modified the device.

If you are still connected via Direct LAN (RJ45 from laptop to PGenerator) then there is absolutely no need to modify anything in Device Control. You only ever need to do that if you change your connectivity method!!!

Go back to Modify -> Modify Device. Enter the IP address as "0" and save it. Then completely remove the power from the device and reboot and it should then work.

If it does not work, then please contact Ted directly for support for his Pattern Disk ISO. You are clogging up this thread with the same questions over and over and there are only so many times I can answer the same questions in different ways.

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hi

Raspberry Pi Model 3 and older all work fine, it is just Model 4 that is not compatible due to the newer models having a different architecture.

The HCFR randomly disconnecting issue seems to be specific to HCFR and some users setup/configuration only. If the issue continues, please contact Ted directly via his website as the developer can possibly provide a version of PGenerator with full debugging which may help find the cause.

Ted posted about this a few days ago, see the link below.

Thank you for this, I also saw that Lttlwing16 seemed to have resolved disconnect issues with a different PC.

I also have limited selections of PCs in our household, but as I said I’ve only tested quickly via wifi, so I’ll do more testing with LAN and other Windows installations (maybe VM) first. Reading the older posts, the whole thing smells like something network related.

Probably completely coincidental, but I had to reset my normally rock solid router last night a few hours after testing PGen. It somehow locked up in the middle of watching streaming TV.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
Thank you for this, I also saw that Lttlwing16 seemed to have resolved disconnect issues with a different PC.

I also have limited selections of PCs in our household, but as I said I’ve only tested quickly via wifi, so I’ll do more testing with LAN and other Windows installations (maybe VM) first. Reading the older posts, the whole thing smells like something network related.

Probably completely coincidental, but I had to reset my normally rock solid router last night a few hours after testing PGen. It somehow locked up in the middle of watching streaming TV.
Yes, that issue was solved by using another PC, but in conjunction with using a different software if I recall correctly. But please report back if you continue to get the connection drops in HCFR because it would be good to get to the bottom of it for the benefit of other/future potential users.

As far as the router locking up, I would hazard a guess at that being coincidental, especially if you were running PGenerator via the Direct LAN method as the router is completely bypassed with that connection method.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I had used PGen over wifi some time before the router locked up. But, I see no reason why routine traffic on my network would do that, especially after I had stopped and disconnected everything well before the lockup. Probably a complete coincidence.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Would someone confirm my understanding of the settings for proper calibration?

PGen: set to Full RGB output
Software (HCFR or Calman): set to limited 16-235 pattern output
TV (Sony X950H for me): force to limited HDMI video range (default is auto)

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #512

Thank you!
Yes this is correct.

The reason you must force limited range because some (most) TVs will see the RGB Full output of the PGenerator and Auto will select Full Range.

You are only using that Full Range signal as a sort of “container” to carry the 16-235 patterns within.

Reactions: tsanga

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Hello, I downloaded the disk from ted followed the procedure to put it on my RPI but when I connect I do not see the disk in the cloud, definitely everything is complicated for me
Generally, when a user has a problem, he has to contact me since I provide direct email support; I will check forums when I have some free time.

The user had submitted a username when he placed an order; however, he used a different name to connect with DeviceControl.

So it was impossible to see any Ted Templates since he provided a user name, but he used a different one.

Problem solved via email last night.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
I managed to find the disk, but now when I click on connect error something crazy
This problem has been solved via email before 24 hours.

It requires to have regular LAN connect thu rooter.

After that, you can configure for Direct LAN. It will require power-OFF power-ON and then connect via Direct LAN to make it work.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts

Hi, we have only reported 3-4 users about problems with HCFR.

The developer has tested the ISO of the first post and all were working fine.

The developer can create a particular version of the PGenerator with full debug.

It will require a LAN connection for that job (not direct LAN)

Contact me directly (not PM) to continue with more details.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts

Thank you!
Hi,

AUTO selection should be ignored because it will select Full-range.

Sony will require to re-check the HDMI range (set to video/limited) before starting calibration or after switching HDMI inputs, just for safety reasons.

The listed settings are correct.

·
Registered
Samsung TV UE65KS8090, Sony UBP-X800M2, Yamaha Receiver RX-V685, Fire Tv Cube, Fire Tv 4K
5 Posts
Hi there,
I have the PGenerator with the Rasberry Pi 3.
Are there actually any quality losses if you take the older Rasberry Pi 3 instead of the Rasberry Pi 3+?

Are there any advantages or disadvantages?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi there,
I have the PGenerator with the Rasberry Pi 3.
Are there actually any quality losses if you take the older Rasberry Pi 3 instead of the Rasberry Pi 3+?

Are there any advantages or disadvantages?
See post 501 above!

·
Registered
72 Posts

Just to clarify, my dropout issue was resolved by using ColourSpace ZRO. I never actually tried HCFR on a different PC as I had decided to go with ZRO moving forward.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

501 - 520 of 529 Posts