AVS Forum banner

521 - 529 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Hi there,
I have the PGenerator with the Rasberry Pi 3.
Are there actually any quality losses if you take the older Rasberry Pi 3 instead of the Rasberry Pi 3+?

Are there any advantages or disadvantages?
Hi,

Pi3 Model B has a slower LAN/CPU.

We haven't checked if it will affect performance.

For the PGenerator development, it's used for testing a Pi3 Model B+.

The developer of PGenerator recommends the users to use Pi3 Model B+.

·
Registered
Samsung TV UE65KS8090, Sony UBP-X800M2, Yamaha Receiver RX-V685, Fire Tv Cube, Fire Tv 4K
5 Posts
Hi,

Pi3 Model B has a slower LAN/CPU.

We haven't checked if it will affect performance.

For the PGenerator development, it's used for testing a Pi3 Model B+.

The developer of PGenerator recommends the users to use Pi3 Model B+.
Okay thanks,
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ has been ordered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had to replace my laptop as it hasn’t the spec for Open GL 3.2 ... have reloaded Device Control and patched, hooked up RPi but now can’t access my cloud account - have right username but can’t remember password and can’t find a reset function ... connecting to RPi via old laptop and cloud user is there with cloud and local storage files ...

any thoughts ? ... thanks

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
I'm aware the Raspberry Pi 4 is currently not supported, but would like to know if it will be in the future. Thanks.
Hi,

PGenerator OS is not compatible with the Pi4 platform.

It will require re-written the code to make it work for Pi4, but it's unknown if it will be bit-perfect as Pi3 since the GPU is different.

That free time is not available for that development.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had to replace my laptop as it hasn’t the spec for Open GL 3.2 ... have reloaded Device Control and patched, hooked up RPi but now can’t access my cloud account - have right username but can’t remember password and can’t find a reset function ... connecting to RPi via old laptop and cloud user is there with cloud and local storage files ...

any thoughts ? ... thanks
Have sorted password problem with Ted - very patient and helpful guy :)

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
For PGenerator users of ColorSpace/LightSpace, the default background of the PGenerator is 0.0.0.

You can change it to 16.16.16 from BG Color @ Settings of ColourSpace/LightSpace:

For displays with aggressive backlight dimming functions or active local dimming without the capability to disable it, users can try to set the background color to 235.235.235 to get a 100% White 235.235.235 background around the patch window.

The Patchscale settings are not affecting the BG Color setting.

Patchscale setting is affecting the actual patch, not the background of the patch.

521 - 529 of 529 Posts