AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a new house with a dedicated theater. It will have no windows and be a completely rectangular room, 23 feet long and 16 feet wide. It will have two rows of seating. The first row view will be 12 feet from the screen and the second row view will be a foot higher and 16.5 feet from the screen. The distance from the end seats on either row will be 3.5 feet from the side wall. The distance from the rear seat to the back wall will be 5 feet and the distance from the front row to the back wall will be 10 feet.

I am having trouble deciding on what kind of speakers to go with. This will be a 7.1 system with all surrounds mounter in or on wall. After reading many posts I was leaning on going with Dipoles for the side speakers and monopoles for the rears, but I am not sure. This is a hard thing to do when there is dual rows of seating. The back row is alot closer to the rears then the front row will be and the end seats are alot closer to one side wall then the middle seats. Plus, where do I put the side speakers? . In the middle of the two rows? Or would I be better suited going with tripoles or quad poles? I dont know really know what these are, but I need some help. I watch alot of action movies and enjoy really hearing my surround. I also like for everyone to be swallowed by the sound and feel part of the action. PLEASE HELP GUYS!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts