· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just set up my new home theater system with the following components:

Samsung LN55A950 55" LCD HDTV

Onkyo 806 7.1 Receiver

Samsung BD-P2550 Blu ray player

Linksys DMA2100 Wireless Media Extender

As you can see, all I have left to complete the system is speakers. Since my wife demands that there be as little wiring as possible, I have decided to go with some kind of wireless system for use on the rear surround sound component.

My questions is, would it be better to go with a pair of dedicated, wireless speakers (in addition to a separate 5.1 speaker configuration), or a wireless speaker adapter, such as the RocketFish Wireless System (in which case I could just get a 7.1 speaker config and have the two rear speakers hooked up the the RocketFish adapter)?

Does anyone have any experience with wireless speaker setups that could lend their experiences and/or opinions? The RocketFish system looks great on paper, but I don't know if it would be better to go with separate, dedicated wireless speakers instead. Thanks in advance for any replies.

· Registered
30,881 Posts
First, there are no decent wireless speakers on the market, AFAIK.

Second, adding a wireless adapter will also require you to have amps at all the speakers on the receiving end.

Third, you should realize that adding a wireless adapter/speakers will also add anywhere from 10-30ms of delay in those channels and you should make sure that your AVR can compensate for the additional latency.

Good luck. I used the AudioEngine AW-1 wireless kit for a while (on test) and it functioned well for surround and sub use but I would not use it for the front three speakers.

· Registered
42 Posts
Would installing two separate wireless systems such as the Rocketfish (one pair for surround and one pair for rear surround) work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.