AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set my HTPC up to record Double Jeopardy in HD last week, but it was not in HD. So, I was wanting to know if anyone knows yet if Deep Impact will for sure be in HD? Thanks.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I just did a wild and crazy thing. I went to the CBS web site to find the answer to your question. It tells me that Deep Impact will be in HD.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Anyone want to try for a 3rd answer :p

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jones07
Anyone want to try for a 3rd answer :p
The CBS website says it will be analog.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ol' Jerry G trying to be sarcastic. First of all, I went to the CBS website and I realized that it said it would not be in HD. However, it does not explicity say that it will not be in HD, but implies it by highlighting it on the schedule in blue. There have been movies that they have shown in the past that have been highlighted in blue and are still shown in HD. So I am looking for a definitive answer, which looks to be NO since boo said that it has been on before and not shown in HD. I will keep my fingers crossed, because I would really like to see this movie in HD. The "recipocal fortune of sarcasm" wbcollegekid (and yes I did quote myself)

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
The blue means "not HD" - the CBS website is always accurate. Plus other souces like titan-tv agree, I can't find one source that claims it will be HD so I don't expect it will be.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Nah. I have seen "blue" movies shown in HD.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Same here..... last time.... the mask of zorro was shown in HD and in the guide it said No HD.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
The Mask of Zorro was on in HD before and other sources confirmed it was in HD. In this case, there are absolutely no sources that claim Deep Impact will be in HD and it wasn't in previous showings - so its pretty clear I'd say. Wishful thinking won't make it so!

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Sure...... i will believe it when i see it......

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RAVEN56706
Sure...... i will believe it when i see it......
Are you doubting Bob?

Have you looked at his profile? It may change your mind.

We should all be appreciate his posts here, and not second guess him.

Thanks Bob for letting us know.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
no i dont doubt him one bit.

thanks bob....

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
"What About Bob?" :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status