Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My specs are:

Denon 3808CI

Panasonic 58" plasma

Def-Tec 7002 supertowers (2)

Def-Tec C/L/R 2300

Speakercraft AIM8 2's (4) surrounds

PS3

My question is regarding the 7002's placement. I went ahead and followed the instructions and placed the power subs facing each other. What are other supertower owners doing as far as placement? What can be expected if the subs are faced out away from each other?

If it matters, I don't currently have a dedicated sub. I wanted to wait to see if it was needed since I already have three powered subs with the Def-Tec's.

TIA

·
Registered
3,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8rs4lf /forum/post/16954770

My specs are:

Denon 3808CI

Panasonic 58" plasma

Def-Tec 7002 supertowers (2)

Def-Tec C/L/R 2300

Speakercraft AIM8 2's (4) surrounds

PS3

My question is regarding the 7002's placement. I went ahead and followed the instructions and placed the power subs facing each other. What are other supertower owners doing as far as placement? What can be expected if the subs are faced out away from each other?

If it matters, I don't currently have a dedicated sub. I wanted to wait to see if it was needed since I already have three powered subs with the Def-Tec's.

TIA

I have always had my 2002TL's woofer's facing away from each other to avoid directing sound at the rear projection TV(they sit inches away). What is the layout of your stuff? Do you have anything in between the 7002's. BTW, my manual says to experiment pointing them at or away from each other.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have my 7001's with the subs facing in. They sound great that way to me so I have not moved them around the other way. I would guess there is no rule it is whatever sounds best to you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo77 /forum/post/16955233

I have always had my 2002TL's woofer's facing away from each other to avoid directing sound at the rear projection TV(they sit inches away). What is the layout of your stuff? Do you have anything in between the 7002's. BTW, my manual says to experiment pointing them at or away from each other.

The closest walls to the 7002's is about 8'-9' away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott /forum/post/16955236

I have my 7001's with the subs facing in. They sound great that way to me so I have not moved them around the other way. I would guess there is no rule it is whatever sounds best to you.

I have mine facing in as well. I was just curious as to how different the sound might be.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
r8, That's a sweet looking system! If your cabinet is not resonating, all is good. IYI, I would pull the center forward to the edge, and do the same with the left and right. If you drew a circle on the floor starting at the front of the cabinet, your left and right would sit on the line, facing the sweet spot. See the dolby web site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts