AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pros and cons between the two?? I am leaning towards the 2300 because of the built in sub, but if the sound is not that much of an improvement I would buy the 2002. Needs some input here, TIA.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Which one would blend with your speakers better? Match up driver size and tweeter size between the center and your front L-R main speakers and it will work.

Just looked at your other thread. The StudioMonitor 350s have a 5 1/4" driver, which would blend better with the 2002 as opposed to the 2300 with built in sub, which only has 4 1/2" drivers with the woofer to cover mid-bass and lower frequencies.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
get a 3rd sm 350

they are small enough to use vertical as a center and having 3 identical speakers across the front is sweet

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by otk /forum/post/13013431

get a 3rd sm 350

they are small enough to use vertical as a center and having 3 identical speakers across the front is sweet

that will be tough, they are ONLY sold as boxed pairs without some huge ordeal from def tech

I would go with the 2002 if you can fit it, it not only matches better, it does sound better by itself and it costs less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts