AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a package deal for Studio 450's (2) and a sub for 399

Is that a definite step up from a Energy Take 5.1 set up or a similar KEF set up.

My room is 11x 16 with a low ceiling of 82''

I also aready set it up so the speakers are ON the wall.... I read where the Energy might not work the best that way..

Any advice - thanks

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertmech /forum/post/19544558

I see a package deal for Studio 450's (2) and a sub for 399

Is that a definite step up from a Energy Take 5.1 set up or a similar KEF set up.

My room is 11x 16 with a low ceiling of 82''

I also aready set it up so the speakers are ON the wall.... I read where the Energy might not work the best that way..

Any advice - thanks

The 450's are a upgrade over the PM1000 mains and the PM1000's are fantastic sounding speakers.

Now the 2.1 [SM450+sub] is hands down the best sound you'll hear over either KEF or Energy mains and sub's [2.1], this is not fair comparison. But to compare it to a 5.1 system is hard since you are getting the center & rears of the other two systems.

But, if you want a solid long term system that you can build on as more money comes the 450 setup can't be beat. I use the 450's to drive my main rooms system [13x21x8], so as you move up into a larger room there will be no need to upgrade the 450's. And don't worry about the 450's being to large for your space, remember they are controled by your volume knob
Down the line you could add a pair of BP1.2's bipole rears or most anything rears but the center should be a DT type and you can get the other speakers used or referbished for very little money.

What is the sub that comes with the 450's? It does not really matter though, the 450's but out a ton of bass on their own [both speakers have one 10" raditor on their sides]. If you have any toher questions on placment and stands to get cheap drop me a PM

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertmech /forum/post/19544812

Thanks !!! The sub is a Klipsch KW 100 http://www.6ave.com/shop/product.asp...UDIOM450-KW100

I just wonder if I'd be fine with the Energy Set and $399 total

Only if you don't plan on moving soon to a larger room, the Energy has it's limits also. the 450's cost ~ $650 a pair so that should help you understand what kind of a speaker you are buying. if you think you will or could buy rears sometime next year the 450+sub offer is a better deal. As I said I use the 450's in my HT & music system and I don't think I'll upgrade them for many more years if ever they are just that good.

Check out the return policy so if you get them you might just reurn them if you don't like the sound. But if you do hear them everything else will just not have the same punch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts