AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
needs assistance on picking the right pair of surround speakers for my system.

I live in a townhome and the family room is open all through dining and kitchen, more of an L-shaped floor plan.

Only doing a 5.0 system and surround speaker will be on 40-42" Sanus Stands next to side table. I'm not using my subwoofer since I have neighbors next door and below.

I have a pair of ML Preface and just bought a ML Motion 30 for center based on your suggestions in my previous post.

Really satisfied with the Front Three, way better than my older Wharfedale Sapphires which I had for about 10yrs. Marantz SR5008, no external amplifier at the moment. But might purchase Parasound Halo A23 in the future.

I went to BB check a few small bookshelf speakers, which pair do you think is best for my current setup?

ML 2 or 4

Def Tech 800 or 1000

Any input will be appreciated,

Thank you for all your help....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi NoVa2k13,

I have the Def Tech Pro Montor 1000s as rear surrounds for my 5.1 setup, which has B&W CM5s as front L/R, and CMC center. I like them well enough, as they seem to blend very easily for movies (I am only listening to music in 2.1). The Def Tech dedicated wall mount brackets give a lot of options for rear or side wall mounting, or even on the ceiling, and that might possibly allow you to forgo the Sanus stands, depending on your placement needs. I'm sorry to not be able to offer any opinion as to how they would specifically mate with your ML speakers, but if they are solely for movies and tv, having different front and rear speakers is totally fine. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts