AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some old, but in GREAT Shape Def Tech BP2000's. I got them when they first came out in which I am thinking was nearly 20 years ago.....I think they still sound great but have concerns that the speakers (bi directional) on the entire set up (5 speakers) might crack,tear or just break down??

Is it time to get NEW great speakers?

I like High crisp sound and something that can rock the house as I have high end Yamaha receiver

THANKS!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
The BP2000'S are still one of the best speakers DefTech ever made and are still highly sought after, honestly unless your having problems with them or you just want to buy something else, I wouldn't get rid of them, I'm still using mine and wouldn't trade them for anything.
If you do decide to get rid of them, make sure you mention it in the DefTech owners thread, I'm sure someone would be interested in them, I'm actually looking at a couple different pairs right now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The BP2000'S are still one of the best speakers DefTech ever made and are still highly sought after, honestly unless your having problems with them or you just want to buy something else, I wouldn't get rid of them, I'm still using mine and wouldn't trade them for anything.
If you do decide to get rid of them, make sure you mention it in the DefTech owners thread, I'm sure someone would be interested in them, I'm actually looking at a couple different pairs right now.

So, they are nearly 20 years old....do I need to worry about the speakers busting or deterioration?

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
So, they are nearly 20 years old....do I need to worry about the speakers busting or deterioration?
Of course it depends on how they have lived, as long as they weren't stored for a long time in the wrong environment, they should be fine. (Like outside in a shed or building with no temperature control at all, even basements and garages are actually not that bad)
If your worried, take a look at them, pull the socks down and inspect the drivers, most potential problems should be visible from the outside.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
been inside playing all these years....

Of course it depends on how they have lived, as long as they weren't stored for a long time in the wrong environment, they should be fine. (Like outside in a shed or building with no temperature control at all, even basements and garages are actually not that bad)
If your worried, take a look at them, pull the socks down and inspect the drivers, most potential problems should be visible from the outside.

No, they have been well taken care of and inside the house family room all this time playing on our system......I just get worried about them as my car speakers cashed out . I live in AZ. They sound great, reason for my post was to find out IF anything out there over the past 20 yrs has developed to be something smaller yet still sound as good.....from what your saying and others is that these are the very good speakers still compared to anything that might of been put together in this cost range. I have the complete "Surround sound" of 5 speakers, they are just large....but sound great with the Yamaha recver. THANKS!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
As long as Your Happy with them, thays all that matters! Everything else is opinion...

I wouldnt buy new speskers ifvthose bp2000s are still going strong...:)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Keep them. Someone will have to pry my BP7000's from my cold, dead hands. DefTech these days is more focused on making things small and unobtrusive.

I'd be more worried about driver cracking/splitting at 30 years, but it won't hurt to inspect them anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts