AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using an older ProCenter 100 while I recently purchased some new ProCinema 1000 L/R speakers as mains but I'm curious if I'd see any noticeable sound quality difference if I upgraded the Center to a ProCenter 1000?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
The upgrade you want is to the PC 2000, which uses the same drivers as the PM1000. The PC1000 is actually a match for the PM800. Makes no sense to me, but there it is.

The combination of the PM1000 and PC2000 constitutes the most seamless, well-integrated front stage I've ever heard for a small room. Add a good sub and either two more PM1000 or PM800 and it's top-tier system for rooms in the 1500-2000 cu.ft. class, where the seating distance is no more than 8 or 9 feet.

BTW, the eBay seller Bajawaverunner sells refurbished (generally indistinguishable from new) DT speakers at significant discounts, if you're willing to forego the manufacturer warranty and support. A lot of people on the official DT threads (where this discussion really ought to be taking place) have had good experiences with them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the input. Unfortunately I have the width but not the height to accommodate the PC2000 on my cabinets top shelf. + the bass radiators would be jammed up too. I went ahead ordered the PC1000 and will see how it'll function being its rated at 200 watts vs 175 of the PC80 and little better Frequency Response. I'll still have about 3" side clearance for the bass radiators with the PC1000.

Bajawaverunner was who I got the ProCinema 1000's from ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts