AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am looking to replace the in-wall speakers (Infinity) that were installed when my house was built, and the rest of my speakers are Definitive Technology speakers so I am looking at their in-wall speakers. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Specifically, I am looking at their DCS speakers. Their website claims that "two DCSs will reproduce all four surround channels." Each one reproduces two channels that are angled for separation. They have two models that retail at $379 and $259 each. Can anyone give me thoughts on these? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey - is there really no one out there who knows anything about this type of speakers? I'd really appreciate any thought anyone has on them! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cielo, I just installed 4 in a clients house, but his system isnt scheduled to be hooked up for a few months..... So... as of yet, I havent heard them. I did look at them and from what Ive seen they look nice, but no comment on the audio just yet :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cielo
Hey - is there really no one out there who knows anything about this type of speakers? I'd really appreciate any thought anyone has on them! :)
I tried in vain to find out anything as well myself. Def Tech was no help and no Def Tech dealer in my area has them.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Def Tech being of no help sounds complete and utter bull. Every time I've emailed Def Tech, I've gotten a response from Chet within 24hrs; even when I asked "uncomfortable" questions like f10, f3 points, anechoic frequency response and the like.

Sorny

·
Registered
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sorny
Def Tech being of no help sounds complete and utter bull. Every time I've emailed Def Tech, I've gotten a response from Chet within 24hrs; even when I asked "uncomfortable" questions like f10, f3 points, anechoic frequency response and the like.

Sorny
I live near Def Tech headquarters and contacted them directly. They send a generic info package 3 weeks later. The form email I received from them said to check with local dealers. Local dealers do not stock them.

I resent your comment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.