AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all set to buy a Def Tech Mythos system (STS, Nine, Gem XL) until I heard a B&W XT system today (XT8, XTC, XT2). Does anyone have any thoughts on choosing between these two? I haven't found any good reviews online of the XT8's. Thanks!

· Registered
3,637 Posts
Why do you care about a review. That persons ears hear differently than yours. Go with the system that sounded the best TO YOU! B&W is a very well respected company that makes a damn good speaker.

The benefit to the STS that I see, is that you might be able to get away without a sub. The XT8s will need a sub.

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/16849058

Why do you care about a review. That persons ears hear differently than yours. Go with the system that sounded the best TO YOU! B&W is a very well respected company that makes a damn good speaker.

The benefit to the STS that I see, is that you might be able to get away without a sub. The XT8s will need a sub.

I already have a good sub (Velodyne SPL-1200), so the built-in subs in the STS don't add much for me. I'm curious about a review, however, because I've found that listening to speakers at the store isn't always representative, depending on how they've set up the room, wiring, source material, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.