AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello Everyone

I am new to this HT scene, so I may lean on a few of yous guys from time to time,Heres what I did,In January of 2013 I bought a LG55LM7600 and BP630  and have always wanted a AVR and Speaker set to compliment my 3d blurayz, I pulled the trigger and called up Newegg, Yamaha RX-V375 and a CS8040HD center and those BP8B'S the egg has on sale, [email protected] Def Tech says go Mythos Gems for rears so they're next,I can honestly say at less than 10hrs of solid playing at moderate volumes (watchin tv) those Bp8's sound so much more enveloping, I hear an audible difference, a cleaner  more defined sound, The RX-V was so simple to set up,I set the Bp8's to small  crossed at 80 and turned on the YSW216 and I gotta say in my 14x16x8 room it sounds good.  

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I would look into the SR 8080BP for surrounds. They are bipolar and get great reviews as surrounds which is exactly what they are made for. Cost the same as the Gems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi Alex

Thank You for the response,I had noticed on Def Techs website they had advised the BP speaker line for rears also and not the gems,an online retailer agrees with the gems but I like you was thinking of keeping it all BP,I was thinking the little brothers, the BP8040SR, I think either would be a great choice but I am leaning toward all BP's  I will keep you udated as to what I decide.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefDave66  /t/1508732/def-tech-speaker-break-in#post_24140048

Hi Alex

Thank You for the response,I had noticed on Def Techs website they had advised the BP speaker line for rears also and not the gems,an online retailer agrees with the gems but I like you was thinking of keeping it all BP,I was thinking the little brothers, the BP8040SR, I think either would be a great choice but I am leaning toward all BP's  I will keep you udated as to what I decide.

Very nice. I am going with 4 SR8040BP's for surrounds and rears since they are smaller and less expensive than the SR8080BP's. My HT room is only 12x18x8 so the 8080's would look really big. I have read through the entire PM600/800/1000 thread (227 pages) and learned a ton of info on Def Tech speakers. Give them about 40 hrs to break in and you are good to go.

If you are looking for a sub - go with SVS PB 1000 ($499) or Rythmic LV12R ($599) as these are the two best subs out there for under $600. Def Tech's subs are no match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts