AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 2 BPVX's that are 27 #'s a piece and I have 2 BP2x's that I need to mount on the wall.

I have been looking around for mounts that will support 15 & 30 pounds with the key holes on the Def Tech speakers. All of the ones I have seen look like you need to drill in to the speaker and that won't fly.

What can I use? Help please.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I have my bpvx's mounted via the keyhole tabs on the back. Just used drywall screws mounted to studs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I guess that works but you can't really angle them and the banana plugs dont fit flush with the back of the speaker so they hit the wall.

I had my bp2x's like that before i got my BPVX's.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman /forum/post/14256587

I have my bpvx's mounted via the keyhole tabs on the back. Just used drywall screws mounted to studs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasBorn /forum/post/14257337

Yeah I guess that works but you can't really angle them and the banana plugs dont fit flush with the back of the speaker so they hit the wall.

I had my bp2x's like that before i got my BPVX's.

I agree with g_bartman, using drywall screws into studs is how I have my BPXs upstairs, and my BP2x's and SM350s mounted downstairs. True, you can't angle them this way, but as long as they're placed at the proper height, they don't need to be angled, anyway (they produce a nice diffuse soundfield when they're flush against the wall). Also, no, you can't use banana plugs, but they accept bare wire just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts