AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Why do you want the trinity? I would suggest if you want a second sub by another PC 12 +.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the older pc 12 with the 12.3 driver. I might find a match used but I have found a dt trinity locally. I have been curious about passive radiators and the trinity will have good output for my open space.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
If you can get a good deal on the Trinity I'd go for it. I suspect it will give you all the output you desire. I'd bet it would have the output of at least two old PC12's. I'm not sure of the actual frequency that the Trinity is tuned to, but if you can set the tuning of the SVS to something similar, then you should be able to get the two to play nice together.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oddly enough I just picked up an older PB12 plus that for now I have with my Trinity. The PB12 is in the back right behind my sofa and Trinity is in the front right corner. The Trinity by itself can rock my space (24ish deep 13ish wide 8 foot ceilings with two 8 foot openings to other rooms) but I wanted to try the SVS to even out the response and I got a great deal on it. I have the SVS in 16hz tune and I'm using a SMS-1 to EQ things. So far I like the combo for pure home theater muscle... How To Train Your Dragon and Iron Man have sounded pretty sweet. After playing some stuff with one sub and then the other (and yeah I know they're in different places so not terribly scientific) its pretty obvious the Trinity is just a beast that can handle anything but the SVS is pretty decent for just one 12'' woofer. If you can get a great deal on the Trinity I'd say grab it and if they don't play well together (probably do need an SMS-1 Anti-mode etc) then sell the SVS and have a really cheap Trinity. Or buy the Trinity and we can work out a trade for my SVS

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Count me in as another fan of the Trinity...especially for the deals you can find pristine, used units for.

Mine never made a bad sound and its output was absurd. Reliability seems to be a non-issue as well as I've never heard of anyone with an amp or driver issue...very unlike a lot of other offerings.

I honestly feel that if it was made by an ID outfit and sold for the $2200 it commonly streets for it'd be much more popular in these parts, but alas, it's hard to escape that DT scorn. Find one in that 14-$17k used range and I'd call it a darn near must buy for most spaces.

My .02

James

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe /forum/post/20891483

Count me in as another fan of the Trinity...especially for the deals you can find pristine, used units for.

Mine never made a bad sound and its output was absurd. Reliability seems to be a non-issue as well as I've never heard of anyone with an amp or driver issue...very unlike a lot of other offerings.

I honestly feel that if it was made by an ID outfit and sold for the $2200 it commonly streets for it'd be much more popular in these parts, but alas, it's hard to escape that DT scorn. Find one in that 14-$17k used range and I'd call it a darn near must buy for most spaces.

My .02

James

Maybe if the Trinity had rated higher in the tests done by Craig Chase several years ago, sales would have risen. The fact that the SVS PB-13 Ultra rated higher for both HT and more so, music, didn't help the Trinity.

It is also curious that the two reasonably priced subs in the spotlight right now are the Submersive and the Captivator.

You are a perfect example. Why did you ditch your Trinity and get a Captivator?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
^^^

geez, you obviously have some inside info to share with us...

what are the sales figures for the trinity?

how do they compare with the sales figures of the other subs you mentioned...?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After reading the craigsub reviews I have decided against a Trinity. My HK 7550HD has a crossover of 100HZ for the subwoofer. It was stated that the trinity does not do well over 60HZ. I will continue to look for a sub that has a flatter response up to 100HZ. Thanks for all the responses, the trinity does look like an awesome sub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.