Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I bought a used TXN 2771 for a great price but notice the geometry settings are off a bit. Tried fixing this in the service menu they are better no but not as good as I'd like them. Can someone post their geometry settings for 1080i offset and 480p offset?

·
Registered
136 Posts
even if someone posted it you will never get it good. You would need to get an Avia Test disk or similar as each settins are completeley different. Samsung Tvs are notorius for bad geo and picture hardly worth the hassle to save a few bucks! when you factor in hours and hours just to get it just halfway watchable and not to mention frustration its not worth it which is why I got the Zenith :p

So far ive seen no good things said about Samsungs it seems everyone who has this TV there is Big problems, which should raise some flags for people intending to actually buy from them. I mean everyone who has this TV is complaing about bad Geo and craptacular 480i picture for regular TV that looks no better then streaming video in Windows Media Player over the internet with dialup Sad indeed!:mad:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid 450$ for a used HDTV and can't really complain at all. I have the Avia test disc however the issue is the dvd player will only output 480p not 1080I and I cannot adjust the 1080I offset unless a 1080I source is used.

My post wasn't to complain about Samsung just to get some default or user tweaked geometry settings for a 27 inch model. Since I bought my TV used I have no idea if the previous owner didn't mess with them. Overall for 450$ the PQ is great and I really like it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
if you had an xbox you can get xbox media center and run dvds or wmv files in 1080i!

thats just about the only thing i can think of to help you. I use Avia with the Xbox in 1080i and 720p with Xbox Media Center. I dont think they have 1080i DVD Players yet and other then a Pc thats the only way you can pull 1080i . maybe someone else knows more but those are the only ways i can think of!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got an Xbox hooked up and didn't think Xbox upsampled DVD's to 1080I I could though use a 1080I game. That might help but would still like to see others off set settings if they have it handy.

Thanx

·
Registered
136 Posts
You would need a modded or exploited Xbox for Xbox Media Center found here: http://www.sbeyer.netfirms.com/gouki/index.html and here http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_screens.htm They are both free apps for Xbox. but yes you could also run a 1080i game. But running the Avia Test Disk in 1080i is ideal! Heres a good place to start: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=SF&f=60

to answer your question Yes Xbox Media Center upsamples any source to 1080i as well as plays any file in true 1080i format WMV, OGG, VCD,SVCD,MPEG,AVI you name it anything you throw at it , it Plays!

Hope this helps you fix your TV:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.