Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my specs:

3.0Ghz Pentium in a Condor HTPC

Windows XP Pro

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

Vizio P50HD 50" Plasma

Connected via DVI to HDMI adapter

ATI Catalyst 5.8

I just got the new Vizio P50HD plasma and it is great! I've hooked it up both to my HD satellite and my HTPC using both of the HDMI connections. I can get the display to show up on the screen, but it's default is set to 1024x768 with a refresh rate of 60Hz and a High Color quality. Obviously, this is too small on my 50" Plasma, so I change to Desktop area to a higher area. This works fine and it looks great, but when I shut off my HTPC and turn it back on, it reverts back to the original 1024x768.

1) Any suggestions?

2) What is the ideal resolution settings for a 50" plasma as a monitor?

3) I want to use FFDShow to help upconvert my dvds, but I'm not sure what DVD player software to use with it. Is there any free DVD player software that will utilize FFDshow?

I'd post some pictures of my setup if I knew how. It's pretty sweet! The Vizio is a great tv (and I don't have the fan noise issue like others).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check your video card settings....there should be some switch saying "only use resolutions my monitor can support" or something like that.

Turn that off.

I think that does the trick.

For me, on my 50" plasma, I run 800x600 for reading email, and most games (except wow, I use 1360x768) ....but then again, I am sitting fairly far away.

I use either 1360x760 or 1280 x 720 for video.

peace,

dpak

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.