AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Samsung 61†dlp (3rd generation). The PQ looks great in HD, better than in the showroom. SD probably could use some improvement.

I have read that the default settings are not optimized for in home use. I’m just curious if anyone has found a need to change the default settings on this set.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a 2nd gen 50" Samsung DLP, and found that tweaks in the service menu make a huge difference. But, do NOT rush into changing the settings. Read...

Here is the forum better suited for you.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
No Tv is set up for regular viewing out of the box. Everyones vieving environment is different, brighter, darker, sources, cable service. TV are set up to look bright on a brightly lit show room floor. Everyone should use a calibration disc to set brightness, sharpness, color & tint.

Service menu tweaks can improve the picture even more, but are not for everyone.

But I would guess that 99.9% of all tv sets should have their setting changed from the default.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bivey

I have read that the default settings are not optimized for in home use. I�m just curious if anyone has found a need to change the default settings on this set.
I don't really think you have a need to change anything, but there are so many things to fiddle with and you paid so much money you might as well play around with them.

Mostly I have eveything standard/normal (I don't like warm1 picture though which appears to be the "default") and usually just adjust brightness for the room lighting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.