AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanx to all those who replied. Here is the final deal. I had gotten one of the first HS10s from Sony Style store in NYC. Bottom line, it probably had a defective input board. Everything looked like I was playing a non-NTSC signal on a NTSC monitor (or something) - no matter what input I used. The memory stick looked fine. I took it back. They checked it out and sure enough. It was bad. They were very nice about it. Took it right back and ordered me a new one.

Well that is it...guess I will wait some more...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They got 5. One on display and four they already sold. btw. they have all three vpl-12HT, HS10 and HS2 on display - side by side for A/B comparison, hooked up to the same DVD player.

The HS10 is really good. You can tell it is brighter than the 12HT. THe 12HT was better with an interlaced signal from the DVD player. But with a progressive signal, the difference was smaller. These two machines are in another class compared with the HS2.

·
Registered
857 Posts
wow I might have to stop by there today or tomorrow .. I SHOULD be getting my HS10 this week, but would love to see how it goes against its big brother 12HT ...

I had NO idea they carried LCD PJs there .. I thought they only had room for PS2 displays, I guess there is more to this store than I thought hehe ...

Also are those PJs displayed nonstop, or do you have to ask someone to demo them ? You have to pay full price + 8.25% for HS10 there ?? If so this is the reason I bought mine online ...

Did they tell you how long you will have to wait for new one ???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Downstairs the PJs are displayed permanently. It has been like that for years now. You must not have gone downstairs. Should be two wks or so they said.

I am not going to say anything about prices. It was not full retail. Don't know what they tell you, but everything is negotiable as far as I am concerned. I would rather buy it from there than the net and get into a situation like I got. I would rather get a new unit than have them repair something that is that defective to begin with.

·
Registered
857 Posts
wow nice . I was almost SURE they would charge you full price, that is why I did not even look for it there, but nice to see they did not .

Quote:
Originally posted by zao
Downstairs the PJs are displayed permanently. It has been like that for years now. You must not have gone downstairs. Should be two wks or so they said.

I am not going to say anything about prices. It was not full retail. Don't know what they tell you, but everything is negotiable as far as I am concerned. I would rather buy it from there than the net and get into a situation like I got. I would rather get a new unit than have them repair something that is that defective to begin with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.