AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with their 1X2 PRO Series Powered HDMI Splitter (1.3b version)

Equipment used:

Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K receiver

Optoma HD70 projector

Vizio VO37L LCD

Without using the splitter, HDMI connections work as intended:

PC to Receiver to TV or projector: ok

PS3 to Receiver to TV or projector: ok

When adding the splitter, problems occur:

PC to Receiver to Splitter to TV: ok

PC to Receiver to Splitter to Projector: fails frequently, the projector displaying static noise and detecting odd resolutions being passed such as "1281x720".

PS3 to Receiver to Splitter to TV: fails when video changes state, needs to cycle the TV's HDMI inputs each time.

PS3 to Receiver to Splitter to Projector: fails frequently, static video with resolutions such as 1281x541 or 1283x721, but does not need to cycle the inputs when working.

However,

PS3 to Splitter to Receiver to TV: ok. No handshake issue like when using the receiver's output as the splitter's input. Perhaps the receiver's input is able to correct some issues in the splitter's output.

Does this sound like a issue with the splitter? In any case I would probably have to return it since it's not very usable in this state.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
HDMI splitters and switches are known for having problems with handling the handshake. It seems to depend upon which units are connected to them, and is generally impossible to predict which combination will work.

Your best solution is just to return it. You could try a different splitter manufacturer, but no guarantees.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I think the interoperability of HDMI devices is often quite poor, despite the common standard.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've asked monoprice for the splitter to be returned. There's been no reply since last week.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is something wrong with the monoprice company. I have asked them several times for an RMA# to return the splitter, and each time the representative stated that their "returns department" will contact me "within the business day". I have yet to receive an email from them after 10 days.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunx /forum/post/15688802

There is something wrong with the monoprice company. I have asked them several times for an RMA# to return the splitter, and each time the representative stated that their "returns department" will contact me "within the business day". I have yet to receive an email from them after 10 days.

I am Sean from Monoprice, Inc. Please kindly email me at sean @ monoprice.com. I'll handle your return personally. Truly sorry for any inconvenience it may cause you. Thanks for your great support.

Sean

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Nothing against Monoprice, but I use this HDMI switch, it has never failed me and works perfectly with my Harmony One remote.

http://www.oppodigital.com/hm31/

Worth a look see, and looks much better than the one you are returning.

Mike

On edit: Misread your post, did not see the PJ AND LCD. Sorry about that! I guess the Oppo will not help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts