AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a sharp LC-45GX6U at Costco, got it home and hooked it up. I don’t have high def satellite yet so I hooked up the standard signal sat to input 2 via “S†cable. The DVD is on input 1 via composite and my Mac mini to input 5 via DVI. All was well until I turned the Sharp off. When I turned it back on I got some colors that looked funky then alternating back and white screens for about 30 seconds before everything shut down.

I held down the reset while plugging the system back in and everything was okay but I did have to go through all the set up again. After the 3rd time I called Sharp and was on the phone for 45 minutes only to have tech support tell me to un-hook the cables between the box and the panel and reconnect them.

Costco was great and allowed me to switch out just the media box. Hooked it up but still had the problem. Went back and switched out the panel. But that didn’t help either. Is it possible I have something hooked up wrong? What are the chances of two systems being defective? Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.