AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Samsung HPT4254 Plasma since November of last year. Just today, I noticed a solid line that runs vertically from top to bottom of the display. The line is REALLY visible on a blue screen, pretty visible on white screen, and not so much on black screen. It almost looks like its moving a little bit. It is somewhat green.

Is this a defect? Any ideas what would cause it. Help is appreciated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bad connection on the ribbon cable to the address buffer boards at the bottom. Unplug the set, remove the back, the main board, and any covers over the pc boards across the bottom. Locate the ribbon cable nearest to the defect (remember, L&R are reversed when looking at the back), and CAREFULLY remove the ribbon cable. Clean the connections with alcohol, re-insert the ribbon cable back into the connector, and CAREFULLY press the latch back down. If the problem is still there, GENTLY press on the ribbon cable where the defect is while the set is on. If the problem goes away, you need to repeat the above steps until the problem is fixed. If not, the connection from the ribbon cable to the fron of the panel is suspect. I've seen pictures of people repairing this connection with wax or parchment paper and a soldering iron, but obviously this is beyond any normal repair shop's capabilities, and indicates a bad panel. Hope you have an extended warranty!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts