AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Overall a positive article on HDTV. Hate a how they always empahasize the "high price" of HDTV sets. But it is nice to see that Samsung's sponsorship of the CBS college football broadcasts are paying off.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Finally. Someone who gets it. The article points out what we all have experienced. Once you see it, you don't want to go back.

I agree that it is nice to know that Samsung's investment is paying off -- especially in light of how lame their commercials are during SEC football. I wonder if it is paying off for Sears. It is unfortunate that the weak economy will confound the numbers.

What really surprises me is that people always write about the high price of the TV sets. The tuners are what are really expensive. I expect that this is the main reason behind DTV/HDTV's slow growth. I'd have 4 tuners at my house if they only cot $150 each, even though I only have one HDTV capable TV. To me, even SEC football on a regular TV looks much better using the HDTV broadcast. If tuners were reasonably priced, HDTV would grow faster than DVD and the price of HDTV sets would be somewhat irrelevant. Maybe Samsung will deliver a cheap box for the masses some day soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.