AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get the Definite Sub for $250 brand new, the Klipsch for $200 brand new so are there any other subs in the $250 range that can match these subs or are the 2 best for under $250? On the specs the Definite sub claims to go much lower down to 18hz which is a good 5 hz deeper extention than my current Athena AS-P4000 which goes to 23hz @-3 db.

The Klipsch claims to only go to 24hz @-3 db, but I always take all the manufacturer specs with a grain of salt.

Are the Xsub, Bic H-100 etc better or far below the Definite and Klipsch subs?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There's got to be someone who knows a little about these subs.

Anyway, I also now have the option of getting the Mirage OMNI S10 for the same price.

So which would be the best for about the same price, Mirage Omni S10, Klipsch Synergy Sub 120, Definate Technology Prosub 1000, or something like a Bic H-100 or Xsub?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am in the same boat. Nobody wants to help the noobs here much it appears. My opinion? If you are going to get just one, get the 12". 10" and 8" subs rarely do as well in this price range. The X-Sub is the best looking by far though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello there I use the Klipsh SUB-12 in a 2,500 cubic foot room and it does a pretty good job, I also have it playing with an HSU MBM-12.

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
If you can wait a few months the Scamp 10 will outdo all of the other subs mentioned. Search Tweak City Audio Forum for information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Avoid the X-Sub at all costs!!!!!!!! I ordered one over a month ago and still nothing. They have pushed the shipping date back several times and now they are telling me it will be a minimum of at least 4 weeks before they have any idea about when the sub will be available. My official order date was July 1 and the shipping date was estimated for July 14. It was then pushed back to July 18 due to QC problems and now I just got an email saying it would be 4 weeks until they start to figure out a new shipping date.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The scamp beats the a2-300?

·
Registered
290 Posts
^that is my question also? those are my 2 choices. my main priority is HT. If the ed is only slightly better or not better at all I will go w/ the scamp because its supposed to be smaller and better looking but if the ed is substantially better i'll go w/ it. thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
All i have heard about since coming here in January is scamp 10 this and scamp 10 that. I have a buddy that says even when they come out they are 95% spoken for and there will only be about 400-500 delivered. So after the 95% is gone there maybe 5 or 6 laying around.

Sorry for the negative comments but buy the A2-300 its a scamp killer.

And i believe the scamp will be 259 plus shipping. putting it in the price range of the scamp 10.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyhash /forum/post/14681832

All i have heard about since coming here in January is scamp 10 this and scamp 10 that. I have a buddy that says even when they come out they are 95% spoken for and there will only be about 400-500 delivered. So after the 95% is gone there maybe 5 or 6 laying around.

Sorry for the negative comments but buy the A2-300 its a scamp killer.

And i believe the scamp will be 259 plus shipping. putting it in the price range of the scamp 10.

I doubt there are orders for 400-500 ED units. I wonder why that is?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts