AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to hear if anyone has listened to these new Definitive speakers yet. The latest Home Theater magazine reviewed a system cosisting of these as mains, along with the BP3000 center and BPVX/P surrounds - and raved about them.

All comments appreciated!

·
Registered
648 Posts
The mid/high drivers, crossovers, and cabinet design are all exactly the same as the BP3000TLs. The big difference is the subs, instead of the single 18" driver, they now incorporate a super cube. The supercube is pretty good as far as subwoofers go. Assuming you like the bipolar sound for stereo, I suspect the improved bass will be nice. I think this is more of a win for Def Tech as they can drop the parts inventory for the amp/driver in the old BP3000TL and simply use the super cube which they also sell.

As far as 5.1 audio for DVDs, Placing the subwoofer in the same exact location as the front L/R speakers may not be optimal. Folks with larger rooms may find that they still need an independently placable subwoofer to round out the bass, located most likely along the 1/4 null spot along the side wall.

Given that I have a Sunfire Signature sub, I don't feel the need to 'upgrade' to the 7000s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just curious, but does anybody know how much these weigh? I have the BP3000TLs and they are very difficult to move (especially when spiked)?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
According to the boxes, my BP-2000's weigh 120 pounds each.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know my BP3000TLs weigh I think 155lbs. So I'm just curious with the sub change; if they are any easier to move around? Does anybody know what these new speakers weigh, since Definitive Technology doesn't list it under specifications on there web site?

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bambam
Interested to hear if anyone has listened to these new Definitive speakers yet. The latest Home Theater magazine reviewed a system cosisting of these as mains, along with the BP3000 center and BPVX/P surrounds - and raved about them.

All comments appreciated!

I read the article. It would have been a whole lot more helpful if the new model had been compared to the old as to bass response and feel. I'm not so sure that downsizing from an 18 inch subwoofer can ever be satisfactory.

I would like to be proved wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.