AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would be better for a small enclosed Home theater Room (11 X16). Two BP2004TL or Twp BP8s and a PF15TL?

You comments please.

·
Premium Member
4,292 Posts
if you're dead set on def techs, I would recc the BP8 or BP10Bs with an external sub made by someone else... say SVS, Paradigm, Velodyne etc.

reaper

·
Banned
806 Posts
If you have no desire to upgrade, then go with the second setup. However, you might find you get nicer results in the long run with 2004TL's + external sub(s) for a music/movies setup...so my advice is get the "best" mains that you can, and add external woofage when convenient.

But again, if you have a fixed budget and do not plan on upgrading any time soon, go with the latter setup...for basically any HT setup, you want to have an external sub which can take advantage of boundary reinforcement to give additional output.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys.

Maybe I got brainwashed by all the ads and bipolar speakers. I do have a limited budget, but I wanted the best bipolar speakers I could afford and would not take up space.

Being in canada paradigms are cheaper but the def have a better wife pleasing factor. Any other suggestions for mains and subs within the price limits to nudge me in the right direction.

·
Banned
806 Posts
Andrew, Def Tech makes fabulous speakers. I have the 2000TL's...and several people have compared these favorably to the B&W Nautilus 802's (8k/pair) for music! If you set them up well and use some well matching associated equipment, you should love them for movies and music. Good luck!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I use BP10 fronts, BP8 sides, and an SVS 20-39PC sub. Before the SVS, I had a Def Tech PowerField 1500 sub, which is similar to the PF15tl. My advice is go with something other than the Def Tech sub. SVS is great, but may be more expensive in Canada. I'm not sure. You should check though, because it was a night and day difference going to the SVS sub. If SVS is not feasible, I'd look at the Paradigm subs. The guys and SVS talk favorably about them, and from what I've read here they are available pretty cheap in Canada.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.