AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my household, we're looking to pick up a decent pair of outdoor speakers below $500. I read reviews online that the Definitive Technology 6500 outdoor speakers are pretty great. I go to best buy to test them out and also came across the Klipsch KHO-7 speakers. They both sounded great but I wasn't able to compare them because they were placed in different parts of the store. When doing more research, I found Klipsch AW-650 which is similar to the KHO-7, but supposedly better for only $100 more.So right now I'm deciding between the Definitive Technology 6500 which will cost $500 for the pair, verses the AW-650 which will cost $400 for the pair. I don't really care about the $100 difference, I just want the better speaker. If you guys have any other recommendations feel free to let me know.

I'm looking for the overall best speaker that I can get, but something that will provide the best base possible while outdoors. I know that it's pretty difficult to get good base from these small speakers outdoors, but I'd like the best that I can get.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with either. At the start of this summer, I replaced a set of Klipsch AW-500's with the DT 6500's. I was looking for more bass output. To my ears the DT's are cleaner sounding and there is definitely more bass. That being said, the AW-500 have a smaller driver than the DT's or the AW-650's you are contemplating purchasing.

Don't expect life-altering sound purity from outdoor speakers. You may be disappointed if you do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got Klipsch AW650 and installed one outside and wanted to listen to the sound and I am really not that impressed by the sound. I have B&W in-ceiling(CCM362) which cost around $300 sound far superior than these speakers. May be I am not comparing apples to apples here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.