AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just purchased a slightly used pair of Definitive Technology BPX's. I am a little confused where to place these? I am thinking on the back wall about a foot above the listening area or do I place them on the side walls?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfinkler  /t/1522147/definitive-technology-bpx-placement#post_24471144

I just purchased a slightly used pair of Definitive Technology BPX's. I am a little confused where to place these? I am thinking on the back wall about a foot above the listening area or do I place them on the side walls?

5.1 surrounds go on the side of the listening position as noted above in the 90 to 110 degree angle. The tweeters should be at standing ear level height but not higher than 6 feet (most ideal) if possible. 

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
It depends on furniture placement and other things happening in your room. I just sold my BPX's, but because my sofa was on the back wall, I had them a couple feet above seated ears and on the side walls. Remember, that is placing them somewhat in the null which I thought worked very well because of the many spkrs in that cabinet, spraying sound somewhat forward and backward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts