AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cube on/off and other controls won't work. The led is white which indicates ON. I can't turn it off, enter Bluetooth pairing etc. I have charged it. I attempted to hard wire my phone to it to see if it will play. It won't respond to anything I have attempted.
Any ideas? A competent repair center?

· Registered
3,352 Posts
My cube on/off and other controls won't work. The led is white which indicates ON. I can't turn it off, enter Bluetooth pairing etc. I have charged it. I attempted to hard wire my phone to it to see if it will play. It won't respond to anything I have attempted.
Any ideas? A competent repair center?
E-mail DefTech with a full description of your problems, don't worry about if you're out of warranty or where you bought it from, you will be shocked how good their customer service is.

· Registered
76 Posts
This is an old thread, but I wanted to add some information for future reference, as these Bluetooth Cubes are getting old and are likely failing.

Output device Home appliance Gadget Electronic instrument Lcd projector

[RESET UNIT]
Plug in the AC adapter and press the "Bluetooth" and "Volume Down" buttons together for about 3 seconds.

[BATTERY REPLACEMENT]
To remove the battery from the Cube, the first thing to do is to unplug it from power. Then flip it over so that the bottom with the rubber gasket that serves as the foot is facing upwards. You will need to remove this rubber gasket in order to access the screws that hold the bottom plate on. It may take some work to get it started, but once the rubber starts to come up, it is fairly easy to pull off. There is usually enough adhesive left on the rubber gasket for it to be put back in place without any issue once you are finished. Underneath or it there are several screws that all need to be removed. Then you can gently pull the bottom plate off. Sometimes the bottom plate get stuck from being in the same place for long periods of time, so you may need to bump the Cube to jar it loose.

The bottom plate is where most of the electronics are connected. You will need to remove the connections going to the various components. All of the connections are designed to be removable, but may have glue covering both halves of the connectors that would need to be scored before the connector can be removed. You do not have to remove the connections and separate the main board from the rest of the speaker, but I find that it is a bit easier to get to the battery with it out of the way. With the Cube upside down and the ports on the back facing towards you, the battery is in a holder on the left hand side. It is secured in the holder quite well and will take some work and leverage to remove. Do not throw the old battery away at this point. The new battery only has bare wires, so you will need to take the connector that is attached to the old battery and attach it to the new battery, so that it will be compatible with the Cube. Once the old connector is on the new battery, you can set the new battery in the battery hold, reconnect the wires for the electronics, screw the back plate in place, and put the rubber gasket back in place on the bottom of the cube. Then plug the Cube back in to power to charge. You may need to press and hold the Bluetooth and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds to get the Cube working again after replacing the battery.

Here is the link to the third-party company that has the replacement battery:

Model: 4x 18650 4S 14.8V 2200mAh
14.4V 14.8V 4* 18650 2200mAh 4S Lithium ion Li-ion Battery Pack [4x 18650 4S 14.8V 2200mAh] - $26.50 : Lithium Rechargeable Batteries, Battery BMS, Pack Assembling

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.