AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi All,

I am currently building a house with a dedicated theater. I am starting from scratch and have not purchased anything at this point. I am having a hard time choosing between Mythos Ten or Millenia 30 (or maybe other brand????).

I know they are both wall mount, but i just like the look of all the speakers being off the ground even if it is a dedicated theater. 

I plan to mount my screen to a decorative frame that sticks out from the wall about 5 inches with led lights behind the screen. This will allow the 5 inch or so Mythos Ten or Millenia 30 to be flush with the screen and it should look cool. 

Can anyone help me with some guidance or other component selections? I think I like both setups below. 

I am planning on going with either of the following.

Setup 1

L/C/R = Paradigm Millenia 30 

R = Paradigm Surround 3 or 

2 Sub = Paradigm DSP-3100

Setup 2

L/C/R = Definitive Technology Mythos Ten 

R = Definitive Technology SR-8080BP

2 Sub = Klipsch SW-110 Subwoofer

Other common components I am thinking of

Receiver = Denon AVRX3000 

Projector = Epson PowerLite 3030 3D 3LCD 

Screen = Elite Screens ezFrame Series R106WH1 106" 16:9 Projection Screen 

Blue Ray = LG BP530 3D 

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Just the L/C/R = Paradigm Millenia 30 no one in my area has the Methos. I guess I am just stuck with time frames to get the theater finished. Here is some 3D from Sweat Home 3D i created.

Have you heard both?

·
Registered
2 Posts

I hope you get more responses, I'm interested in similar speakers.  Since your screen is going to slick out 5" anyway, I would consider an acoustically transparent screen and placing the center behind the screen so your center can be exactly the same as your left and right.  For that matter, you could go with a 2.35:1 ratio and place all 3 behind the screen.  Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts