AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some advice on an in-wall setup. I've pretty much narrowed it down to UIW RLS III with UIW surrounds or Di 6.5LCR with Di surrounds.

The UIWs are enclosed speakers, while the Di are not. The Di are a little cheaper, but that's not a factor.

I emailed Def Tech and they recommended Di, saying "The Di speakers use our new line of midranges and offer a cleaner / more detailed & fuller experience overall. The UIW line is a bit older and good for what it is, but given the choice we actually prefer the Di line a bit more."

Regarding enclosed versus not enclosed, Dec Tech said they just don't hear any complaints about the Di's not being enclosed.

Does anyone have any first hand experience in comparing UIW to Di? What's everyone's thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking for some advice on an in-wall setup. I've pretty much narrowed it down to UIW RLS III with UIW surrounds or Di 6.5LCR with Di surrounds.

The UIWs are enclosed speakers, while the Di are not. The Di are a little cheaper, but that's not a factor.

I emailed Def Tech and they recommended Di, saying "The Di speakers use our new line of midranges and offer a cleaner / more detailed & fuller experience overall. The UIW line is a bit older and good for what it is, but given the choice we actually prefer the Di line a bit more."

Regarding enclosed versus not enclosed, Dec Tech said they just don't hear any complaints about the Di's not being enclosed.

Does anyone have any first hand experience in comparing UIW to Di? What's everyone's thoughts? Thanks.
Looking for the same answer.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts