AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase the DefTechs ProCinema 1000 speaker system and have read some negative info regarding the subs performance in movies.

I would consider using another 10" sub and have seen the Velodyne subs. What would you guys recommend for a 10" sub for $500 or less?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I tried out a ProSub1000 and Velodyne DLS-3750R in my 4,800ft3 room. Both were 10" subs and about the same price. I didn't test them side by side but had them within a month of each other.

Sound wise, I preferred the ProSub1000. Both had dismal output below 30-35Hz but the DLS-3750R sounded really boomy on some material. The velo had some kind of limiter on it which prevented it from getting louder at a certain level. This annoyed me since it stopped at a sound level that I didn't consider loud at all. The ProSub1000 could get louder, but with it some distortion, compression and sub clacking noises on some stuff.

It should be pointed out that I do have a large room which requires a lot of sub. If you have a much smaller room than I do (

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.