AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys....I have a Tosh56h80,dtc100,and a htpc. I noticed this problem just starting a couple of days ago.I have a pixelation problem along with a faint red/green line on each side of the screen. This only happens when the dtc is on a regular dtv channel...no probelm like this on hd,local ota, or dvd inputs. I went into service mode did converence

and the problem is still there....it seems to vary according

to scenes and channels....I know you can have the gigo problem on any channel,but its never been this bad....Does

anyone have an idea?........Thanks

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Just a theory, but perhaps you're piping signals in at widths that are slightly too narrow. That would account for variations as channels change. Don't run a htpc, but if I encountered this I'd look into widening the sweep in my set to put the glitches out of view, or if possible widening the output from the graphics card. A quick test: bypass the htpc completely. -- John

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John.....Thanks for the reply.....Problem is..I dont run

anything thru the htpc....it seems as thought he dtc is the culprit...how do I widen the sweep on my 56h80?...is it in the service menu?........Thanks

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
With no htpc in the loop, I'd want to also make comparisons between local dtv channels via the DTC-100 and how the same channels appear via the set's built-in NTSC tuner. Recall there was a early problem with picture widths and DTC-100s, but thought they'd ironed that out with updates. Lots of DTC-100 owners here who might help, and even heavier coverage at this location . Some searches at http://groups.google.com/ could turn up previous discussions. While you might tweak the problem away with a designer or service menu width adjustment on the set, I'd concentrate on the DTC-100. And of course don't attempt such set adjustments without copying down current settings and studying a lot of how-to discussions at sites such as this . This last site, BTW, might have a specific fix. -- John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.