Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm in the process of replacing all my audio gear with the HTPC, the plan is to have only the HTPC, and a power amplifier in my living room, so far this all works great.

the only problem i have is that I would like my TV's audio to go to my main speakers instead of the crappy built in speakers.

"easy" i thought, i just connect the audio out to the oudio in on the onboard sound card of my HTPC (onboard means the sound card on the mainboard, i have a revo 7.1 for main output also)

but unforunately there is a massive delay between input and output, about 500ms (i think)

I then tried the input on the revo, same problem.. until i checked "enable monitoring" in the revo control panel. a warning popped up saying that it is going to use ASIO, and that system porformance might be affected, after that, the sound is in sync.

"problem solved" I thought.

but the setting does not remain active after a reboot.

is there an easier way to accomplish this, and I would like to use the onboard souncard for TV audio, tha warning about system performance is my main concern, i need every available processor cycle for ffdshow processing..

many thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is nobondy connecting the audio portion of their television directly to the HTPC?

not even the "HTPC as pre-pro" people?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
I'm working on an HTPC-as-PrePro solution, but a 1 to 1.5 second delay from AC3 spdif input to sound output is my current snag.... sound familiar? :D

:cool:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Have you tried disabling the onboard sound in the BIOS?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I use the "enable monitoring" on the revo7.1 with/without the CSII decoder for TV sound.

It works great.

But you are right in that it is disabled after reboot.

I've setup girder to enable it though.

The trick is to let girder test if it's enabled. If it's not, then enable.

Henrik

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

i also tried doing this with girder, but i can only manage it when the revo control panel is opened, is there any way to do this without opening the control panel?

·
Registered
514 Posts
No, you have to open the window.

But it is enough to open it for less than a second.

I've attached my girder config file to this post.

Feel free to copy what you need.

There is also some other neat Revo features that you all might like.

Henrik

Sinobi_Girder_gml_file.zip 13.390625k . file

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.