AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well I've had my new NAD T763 receiver home for a days now. I love the audio quality on it, and it fits my upgrade path to 7.1 separates nicely. By far my biggest problem so far is lip sync. I've tried setting the speakers to 40 ft distance but I'm not sure it's working. So I'm wondering about three options:

1. Is there such thing as a simple digital delay module that can take an optical or coax digital signal and just buffer and delay it? How much would one of these cost?

2. I had planned on buying a Parametric equalizer at some point down the road, after I finish room treatments. It seems most on the market are 1 or 2 channel. Wouldn't I need 8 channels (7 speaker + a sub?) Something seems off here.

At any rate, most of them seem to have configurable delays built in.. Should I just wait till I get these and then implement delay that way? How much can I expect to pay for these?

3. I could always return the receiver and get the Yamaha 2400 which does have lip sync delay as well as every other feature in the book. I really prefer the SQ of the NAD though, and would prefer to keep it. But in the end, having lips that don't match the sound is far more distracting than a 5% decrease of SQ coming from the Yamaha so maybe this is my only recourse.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Pardon me for asking, but are you sure it's the receiver? Have you tried a different source, or swapped out receivers?

Most digital EQs have delay. And yes, most are 2 channel. I'll keep my eyes open and see if I can find one with more.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it's not the receiver at all. It's completely source dependent, some DVD's, some channels, etc. But basically a different receiver would help me deal with the problem.

Does nobody EQ with 7.1 or what? I guess most just do the bass then...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.