AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I've got an LG plasma 50 fed by Optimum cable to a digital converter. Comes w.a Cablevision remote (not sure if that's pertinent, just giving as much info as possible). When I change the channel there is an intolerably long delay of 3 seconds - how can I eliminate or reduce it?

I see a similar thread in which the author 'rest the unit' that fixed the issue but what am I resetting - the box, remote, or TV - and how do I do it?!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Do you have your STB set up to output native resolution? There may be a delay in the TV needed to resynch on different resolutions as you change channels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 /forum/post/12927812

Do you have your STB set up to output native resolution? There may be a delay in the TV needed to resynch on different resolutions as you change channels.

Eh, sorry, not sure what an STB is
I see an STB button on my LG controller (that does nothing when I hit it) but nothing in the menu/settings about what you mentioned.

The delay is w.every change if that helps. Also, I have this screen's little brother 42" at another house running cable w.no external converter and there's no delay at all so I wouldn't have expected this one to act differently. But what do I knw about these things?!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Set Top Box, aka your cable box.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have just gone through the box's settings and found nothing near STB or seemingly related to what we're dealing with. Can you tell me generally under what section/area the setting would be?

Thx

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Make and model STB?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts