AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
You can't answer this question. A PERFECT LCD and a PERFECT PDP should produce the exact same (perfectly reproduced) picture with both static and dynamic image contents.

The better questions are:

- Which technology could more easily hit the level which is more than enough (not just good enough) for the human observer.

May be either of them. But I think PDPs would be much better now if they never start pushing the LCDs (so they could invest significantly more resources on PDP research...).

- Which products offer better overall experience now?

I would currently take my vote on PDPs (at least for the non-color-critical end-user side, also considering their price).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by janos666
You can't answer this question. A PERFECT LCD and a PERFECT PDP should produce the exact same (perfectly reproduced) picture with both static and dynamic image contents.

The better questions are:

- Which technology could more easily hit the level which is more than enough (not just good enough) for the human observer.

May be either of them. But I think PDPs would be much better now if they never start pushing the LCDs (so they could invest significantly more resources on PDP research...).

- Which products offer better overall experience now?

I would currently take my vote on PDPs (at least for the non-color-critical end-user side, also considering their price).
Well in my mind the point is quite simple rather then getting people like in other threads saying things like i dont want to deal with clouding so i am goin to get a plasma or i dont like the image retention or floating blacks so i will get a led,

Now if you take away all the problems each technology are not the Same as a perfectly reproduced plasma image would be different looking than a perfectly reproduced lcd image, as i am sure all people will agree they both have distinct looks to them picture wise, led has a brighter picture with more pop and plasma has a more natural looking picture.

And this thread is to get people to state which picture technology they prefer in a perfect world taking away and not talking bout the negatives because in the perfect universe exsisting in this thread all the negatives of each technology does Not exsist

And thanks for your response my friend

·
Registered
20,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETERNIA FOREVER
Okay bare with me here and for the purpose of this thread and conversation lets say that led/lcd did not have any of the current technology issues like

clouding

banding

flashlighting

slower input lag

And plasma did not have issuses such is

Breakin required

image retension

gets hotter than led

not as bright or as much pop color wise as an led

Both technologies are working perfectly as intended, with that bein said which technology would you prefer and WHY ???

Now clear your mind, imagine this perfect universe that i am talking bout and give me your answer boys hmm ..................
You are rehashing a debate that has been going on for years. Each technology has its strengths and weaknesses. Figure out which is best for you instead of trying to rehash a topic that is guaranteed to cause problems.... Just like those that have come before this one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like that plasma has each pixel lit individually, local dimming lcd sets have more than one light source as well which improves problems caused by having one light source.

I have both an lcd and plasma display and each has great qualities; I use both of them for different tasks but both can certainly be used for everything I need a display for.

I can't help but look at the oled display on my phone and wish I could see it at 50 inches or larger. I doubt oled will be perfect but each pixel is lit individually, I don't see image retention and the contrast is amazing.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
You're on a forum for chrissakes. Nobody ever ever has good things to say about any technology. So just pick the lesser of the three evils and get on with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.