AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Why the door to the rack 'room'? You've already got it out of the line of sight - enclosing it just makes it a pain to change discs, and makes it more complicated to cool...

Take a look at the Middle Atlantic "Residential Designer Rack" freestanding racks. They look really nice, and are on casters...

http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclosure/sa/rdr.htm

Sounds like you've done good homework and testing on the screen size. Throwing an image up and testing the size before purchasing the screen is absolutely the right answer!

Jeff

·
Registered
529 Posts
Looking good so far!

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
I bought a high quality Rustoleum Universal Paint & Primer In One Flat Black spray can (the can is black, white, and gold) from either Lowes or Home Depot (cannot remember which) and spraypainted one coat onto the smooth surface of the white wall plates. Looks perfect.

I plugged a spare cat5 cable into both ends of each cat 5 tombstone jack and spray painted those as well. I did the same for the HDMI tombstone jack that I had to spraypaint black.

I covered the vent/detection hole on my smoke detector and spreay painted it black, then sprayed some onto a brush and painted the white slats over the hole so the entire smoke detector is black. Looks amazing.

Eventually, I will take a picture of the items I painted and put them in my build thread.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Roshy,

Your poster material looks amazing. I just created 6 posters with Photoshop. Cropped a 3" black margin around each poster. Is that what you did?? The actual image I sent to Spoonflower was 30X42. That gives me 3" I can wrap around the 2" frame, giving me 1" in the back to staple. Can't wait to see your results. Are you planning a wood frame around the outside?? 2 of my panels will be hiding my rear surrounds.

BTW, your theater is looking great! What color is that on the walls??

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Roshy,

Can you do me a HUGE favor? Can you take a really close up picture of one of your Spoonflower pictures? Id like to see the perforations... Gonna be using two posters as surround speaker covers. Thanks.

I like how you painted all of your electrical covers. Looks nice.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Thanks Roshy. My posters came in last night. I feel confident they will work well to conceal my speakers nicely. A 3 hour Lowes trip?! I could easily spend $1000 an hour... Hope you had fun.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshy /forum/post/20948026

I also painted the scones shown above with black paint and it looked pretty good.

Mmm scones - don't paint them, it will spoil the taste

·
Registered
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshy /forum/post/20983209

Finishing up the drywall on the home theater side to get ready for the contractor to come put the same surface that's on the rest of the walls in the theater. We've been working hard the past couple days because after they do that Friday, we have the carpet installers coming Monday and we have to be all ready and painted by then.

Curious about what your thoughts are on the very short step from the riser to the first step leading out of the room? I'm wondering if left the way it is it might be a trip hazard. One thought might be to build up the short step to even the rises between the 2 steps. I know they would be rather short rises, but they would at least be uniform. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
53 Posts
totally agree with building up the short step or make a ram between the short step and the riser

·
Registered
529 Posts
Looking good man. Like the texture finish.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i think you already have all the major stuffs done
my HT is even extremely slower than yours. Just got my speakers wires etc on the weekend will continue with my build. Tell your canadian dad to help me hehehehe j/k

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
can you give any more details regarding the panels you built. what size wood are they out of, dimensions, etc?

Also, where did you get the corner clamps you were using? never seen those before.

thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.