AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anybody been having upcoming recordings on their UTV... which are deleted, comeback and record anyway? Even though the History Log hasn't been deleted and these recordings should remain "deleted".

So far the problem appears to only be on one of my UTVs... and seems to effect ALL/ANY of my upcoming recordings which I delete.

I haven't done a 2355 2355 yet which I figure might fix it... Been thinking of clearing the History Log and see what that does... Yet, I'm suspecting that somehow the UTV isn't tracking the "history" correctly and this might be hardware related? Anyone?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very strange. It seems like if it happens to one it should happen to both of them. I can't wait to hear if clearing history fixes it. If that doesn't work I guess one would try a system reset.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I tried clearing the History Log and at the moment it hasn't "rerecorded" or brought back recordings I didn't want. (Didn't mention previously that it also liked "double recording" the same show... early/late showings)

I should know more by morning. So maybe clearing the History Log once and a while should be a PM or troubleshooting step... Along with a restart/reset (12357 or cold boot) every month or so I guess it can't really hurt. Much nicer then a 2355 2355 code every few weeks.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it has returned... so I'm curious if it's just,as mentioned in the "World Series 5-revised " thread (as of 11-1-08), some kind of Show ID issue which causes them to repeat themselves.

The specific ones I've noticed issues with are "The Rachel Maddow Show" on (MSNBC @ 8/10pm shows) and Venture Brothers on CN (Cartoon Network @ 11:30pm and 2:30pm?).

I've been leaving this UTV "ON" buffering/recording shows (only 1 tuner in use) the last few weeks (turning it off on occasion) so I've attempted a 12357 "reset" today and see what that does. The UTV hasn't been displaying any "Icon" or My Show Info. problems so this 12357 reset is just a shot in the dark that "might" fix an "invisible" glitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts